Ok....this is really funny and kind of inappropriate but in a innocent way.
Last week Colby was telling me how his school is collecting change to help people in other countries with their school supplies and other things they may need. He was pretty excited about it and we have talked about this Christmas trying to help others. He told me while I was preparing my sharing time lesson so I kind of put it in the back of my mind.
Well this morning, I was getting ready to head out the door. Colby was helping me gather my stuff and he saw some dimes on my dresser and asked if he could have them. I thought OK...but wait! What do you need it for? (Mason was also standing there and I wanted to know the reason so they did not fight over it) Colby says with such innocence and confidence, "Remember? Our school is raising money to support gonorrhea!" I said WHAT? I do not understand! Um.....I need to have a talk with your school. I never got a note or anything....I was freaking out when I then thought wait, that can not be it. I asked again....what are you raising money for? He then reminded me that they were helping a school in INDIA. He says the city of Gonorrhea. (Obviously not remembering the city right) So he went to get the paper....where he pointed out the city Ghana....Phew....what a relief! I said Colby it is called Ghana. "Oh....Ok" Colby says.
I was actually just telling Denny yesterday that I think Colby was going to have to have that talk soon......Maybe we should speed that up! Oy Vay!
Last week Colby was telling me how his school is collecting change to help people in other countries with their school supplies and other things they may need. He was pretty excited about it and we have talked about this Christmas trying to help others. He told me while I was preparing my sharing time lesson so I kind of put it in the back of my mind.
Well this morning, I was getting ready to head out the door. Colby was helping me gather my stuff and he saw some dimes on my dresser and asked if he could have them. I thought OK...but wait! What do you need it for? (Mason was also standing there and I wanted to know the reason so they did not fight over it) Colby says with such innocence and confidence, "Remember? Our school is raising money to support gonorrhea!" I said WHAT? I do not understand! Um.....I need to have a talk with your school. I never got a note or anything....I was freaking out when I then thought wait, that can not be it. I asked again....what are you raising money for? He then reminded me that they were helping a school in INDIA. He says the city of Gonorrhea. (Obviously not remembering the city right) So he went to get the paper....where he pointed out the city Ghana....Phew....what a relief! I said Colby it is called Ghana. "Oh....Ok" Colby says.
I was actually just telling Denny yesterday that I think Colby was going to have to have that talk soon......Maybe we should speed that up! Oy Vay!



1 comments:
That is so freakin' funny!!! That's so cute he is so willing to help out a good cause!
Post a Comment