Now, I do love the fall and winter seasons....I mean LOVE them. But with those seasons it does get colder. I am thankful for our HEATER! I just love being able to come home and just push a button and warm air fills my home. And at night when it starts to get colder.....it is so nice being able to nudge Denny and nicely ask him if he could turn the heater up! LOL. I mean, could you image in the pioneers days how cold it got for them in the winter. I would have froze to death. (Or I would have been nudging for Denny to get up every half hour to put more wood on our fire) I do not think I would have made a good pioneer. They went through so much. I think we are pretty spoiled. We are so lucky. I am glad that I am able to heat up my house and cars so easily to keep my family warm.
Another way to get warm is with a mug of Hot Cocoa....that does the job too! Just love hot cocoa with marshmellos or whip cream. (Probably not good for my diet) We would often get up in the morning when camping and have some hot cocoa......mmmmmm....hot cocoa. My mom and grandma make the best hot cocoa too. Yummy!
Alright enough hot cocoa talk.....But, today I am thankful for heat. Love the cold weather...with my heater!




2 comments:
Easton and I also love a good cup of hot chocolate!!! The others not so much, I don't understand it! And I'm totally with ya on the not making a very good pioneer. I would have been a wimp! #1, wear a dress all the time, and all those layers in the heat? #2 child birth and no drugs, whatever #3 no pre boxed foods to make for dinner? I was defiently born at the right time in life!
LOL....Katey, you are so funny! Those are all good points. More reasons I am thankful to be born when I was. Those pioneer woman are my heroes..I mean seriously. When I think about what they went through. Wow! They are my heroes.
Post a Comment