Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gratitude #14......My Mother-in-Law//Nanny


Today I am thankful for my wonderful Mother-in-Law. She is such a wonderful woman. Always wanting to help her family in any way she can. She is actually watching Ryanne for us while we are at work. My sister was watching her for some time...and I do appreciate that. She did a wonderful job too.

Linda (My Mother-in-Law) is madly in love with my daughter. It is so cute to see Ryanne walk over to her every morning when I drop her off. Then they just hug each other like there is nobody else in the room. She treats my daughter like the princess she is. Although she eats like a queen at that house. Linda's goal is to fatten her up! I am like..."Linda, have you seen her lately? She has a food storage already!" It is so cute to see how much love the two have for each other. She takes such wonderful care of Ryanne. She lived with us for some time after Ryanne was born. She was my Nanny! She did everything. She did the laundry, cooked, and cleaned. I would always tell her not to. I would tell her to leave it for me. But, she never listened. I actually got to the point where we put a lock on our bedroom door so she could not clean my room or do my laundry. Although, it was nice being able to come home and have that done so I could just spend more time with the family. She is also wanting to teach Ryanne Thai. I am so excited about that. I have always wished that Denny knew more of her language. But, for some reason, he never learned it. I am hoping that Ryanne can then teach it to us. All I know right now is "Grandma" which is "Yai" (I think). I am truly thankful for her. She is so cute. And, I do love the look and light in her eyes when Ryanne walks (kind of a runs) over to her. I am thankful for the time they have together.

0 comments: