I am thankful for my Dad and his wife, Sandy. It has been a rocky road. But I think, and I hope, it is getting better. When I was a little girl, me and my dad were so close. You could almost say I was his favorite....LOL. He was soooo funny. Always made us laugh. He even thought about going to clown school at one time. I have some good memories. We had a family cabin that we went to all the time. One time we went on a winter day. We had to pack all our stuff on a dog sled and rode our snowmobiles up to the cabin. We had soooo much snow up there that year. It took us forever to get up there, we had to keep digging out the snowmobiles. We were kinda snowed in. I remember one morning my dad got up and made us breakfast at the cabin...he was pretending to be Betty Crocker. He had this really high pitched voice, we laughed so hard. That was a good time....good time. Things changed after my parents divorce, unfortunately. He has made some bad choices. But, I think he has learned from them. He has started to go to church here and there. I am so thankful for that. I look in his eyes and see a changed man. I am truly thankful for that. I am thankful to have them back in our lives.
My Dad and Sandy are important to us. They are our family. I am thankful for our Sunday family dinners. I think that is our baby steps to making this a better relationship. We can get to know each other again.
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always....as long as I am living my Daddy you'll be."
(Robert Munsch)
Love you Dad and Sandy!
My Dad and Sandy are important to us. They are our family. I am thankful for our Sunday family dinners. I think that is our baby steps to making this a better relationship. We can get to know each other again.
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always....as long as I am living my Daddy you'll be."
(Robert Munsch)
Love you Dad and Sandy!





1 comments:
Mekelle, I hope your family realizes how wonderful you are! You are aways so greatful about what you have, and are so willing to help everyone out! YOu are amazing.
So, I found this website, and scince you have become the worlds best blogger, I thought you might be interested. It's a book that you can put your blog entries into. My blog is like a journal, and I've been looking for a way to copy it and keep it! Check it out!
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Post a Comment