Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude #15.....My Brothers and Sisters

Side note: I have chosen Richard Marx "Right Here Waiting For You" with this post because it was our family song. We picked it around the time that my Mom and Dad went to Romania and adopted my brother D.J.


I AM thankful for my siblings. I am the oldest of 2 brothers, and 2 sisters. They all mean allot to me. I love each one of them. I have great memories with them. Some I was closer to when I was younger....others I have grown close to as we got older. But I do love them all the same. And do not know what I would have done without them throughout my life. When we were younger, every Christmas Eve, my Dad would scoot my bed and Lindsay's bed together (we shared a room) Then all of us would sleep in the same room. We did that EVERY Christmas Eve. We would all be so excited and talk about what we hope Santa was going to bring us. We would all have the giggles and Mom and Dad would have to come in the room and remind us that Santa will not come until we were all asleep. So then we would close our eyes so tight and try so hard to go to sleep.
Well, one of my fondest memories was when Me and Denny were renting that upstairs home apartment in Kaysville, and we invited my family to spend the night Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve in my family is so big anyways. I love Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. So since we were spending that day together.....I invited them to sleep over like the good ole days. My Mom and Steve slept in mine and Denny's room. My boys slept in Colby's room. And Me, Denny, Lindsay, Jason, Alyssa, Curtis, and D.J. all slept in my living room next to my fireplace and Christmas Tree! We talked about past Christmas's. We giggled all night. I remember me and Lindsay woke up before anyone. We were so excited to see what Santa brought everyone. That was a great Christmas. I have tried to do that every year since. We have done it a couple times. But it is harder now that the family has grown so much.

I am also lucky to have 1 step sister and 5 step brothers. Some of them are out of state so I do not see them as often. But we try to get with them as much as we can. I am Thankful for all of them too. They mean allot to me. We go camping allot with Steve's kids. We have had some good times.

I am truly TRULY Thankful for all of my brothers and sisters. We have our differences. And that is ok. That is what I love about us. We except each other for who we are. We all go through rough patches. I am hoping with the holidays coming up....that we can all gather together and be that strong, close, loving family that we are. I love you guys!

0 comments: