Kids do say the darnest things. I like to try and write them down from time to time so I can remember as they get older. Mason said something really cute the other day around the dinner table. We were talking about a baptism invitation that we just received in the mail. We were all excited and discussing the baptism and when this person was turning 8.
Mason Says: "I am going to be eight soon then I will be able to be baptized!
I say: "That is right Mason, that is a choice you get to make when you are eight. I am happy to hear that you would like to be baptized."
(Then we reminisced about when Amy and Colby were baptized. That was such a wonderful day)
Mason Says: "Mom, did you close your eyes when you went in the water?"
Me: "I did! My father baptized me and I even plugged my nose."
Mason: "So, all you do is go under the water, and then back out?"
Me: "Yes, that is not hard...right?"
Mason: "Well geez Mom! Then I have been baptized MANY times!"
We all looked at each other and smiled...That is when we into more detail about exactly what happens when you are baptized.
Mason Says: "I am going to be eight soon then I will be able to be baptized!
I say: "That is right Mason, that is a choice you get to make when you are eight. I am happy to hear that you would like to be baptized."
(Then we reminisced about when Amy and Colby were baptized. That was such a wonderful day)
Mason Says: "Mom, did you close your eyes when you went in the water?"
Me: "I did! My father baptized me and I even plugged my nose."
Mason: "So, all you do is go under the water, and then back out?"
Me: "Yes, that is not hard...right?"
Mason: "Well geez Mom! Then I have been baptized MANY times!"
We all looked at each other and smiled...That is when we into more detail about exactly what happens when you are baptized.



4 comments:
Can you believe our boys are turning 8!!!!!!! Didn't you get baptized the same time as your cousin Jesica? I kinda remember it! Didn't you have to wear pants?
I love the gym clip at the bottom! That is so something I'd do! I'm proud of you for going to the gym, now you will be a hot & fit biker chick!!!
LOL...No,I wore the dress. Me and Kate were baptized on the same day. I think Kate wore the pants. I believe Jessica was baptized the same day. But different place. Not sure though. I remember it being Me, Kate, and Bryce.
Mekelle
It was soooo long ago! Kidding we aren't that old, but it's a pretty fuzzy memory for me! I was only 6!!
Hahaha....I forget you were that much younger than us sometimes...you always just seemed more like our age..But yes, it was some time ago!
Post a Comment