I am Thankful for my kids school and their teachers. It is a wonderful school. Everyone is so nice there. And they all have wonderful teachers. I mean come on...without them I would have to teach them myself and they would just become dumb!
We just had parent teacher conference yesterday. Which really helps me understand not only what my children need to work on but what I need to work on as their parent. I was a little nervous going to the conferences. Last year Colby's grades where OK...Not really bad but not really good either (I guess he gets that from me....I was just average). This was the first conference for this school year. But, it all went surprisingly well. I left there with such joy and happiness being their parent. This is a summary of our night:
We just had parent teacher conference yesterday. Which really helps me understand not only what my children need to work on but what I need to work on as their parent. I was a little nervous going to the conferences. Last year Colby's grades where OK...Not really bad but not really good either (I guess he gets that from me....I was just average). This was the first conference for this school year. But, it all went surprisingly well. I left there with such joy and happiness being their parent. This is a summary of our night:
Amy's Teacher: "She is a wonderful student. She is above average in everything. She is at a 10th grade reading level. She is a GENIUS! She is a wonderful helper and listener. I was so happy to hear she was going to be in my class. All the other teachers have all spoke so highly of her. She is doing excellent!"
Mason's Teacher: "Mason is doing good. He needs a little help in math (He also get that from me) He likes to daydream. He always knows what we are doing and does it right.....but likes to be in his own world. He is shy. Here is a book he made in class...(Mason shows it to Denny) It is a story about Iron Man (Which he drew very well I would have to say) He was very proud of himself. He is a good kid and is doing a good job."
So I asked Mason why he is not paying attention to the teacher.....he says he just knows what they are talking about and they talk all the time....gets so boring. So I think maybe he needs to be challenged more. We have some things we are going to work on.
Now, before I get to Colby....there was another reason I was worried. There is a girl. Colby really likes this girl. Now I thought the teacher was going to tell me I had another day daydreamer because the other day at dinner...Colby was talking about her and he said, "Mom, I just can not stop thinking about her. She is on my mind all the time!" (and then I go Oh....great!)
Colby's Teacher: "I love Colby. Everyone in this class loves Colby. He is actually Mr. Popular. He is a wonderful student. A wonderful helper. Always on task. It is actually hard to figure out where to sit him because EVERYONE wants to sit by Colby. Andy when they sit by Colby they want to TALK all the time to Colby. He is great....and you have done a wonderful job raising him." (this is where I try to fight back the tears) He is doing great with his grades (Only had one missing assignment and that was from the time he was hunting with his father) They were all A's and maybe just one B. Much better than last year!
I am so proud of my kids....all of them. Amy, to see where she is with everything she has gone through. I think school actually helps her get through that. She like to focus on something. She will make a great class president someday.
Colby, every teacher has always told me he has the biggest heart. And I have always known that. He is wonderful. Makes me proud every day.
Mason, he is so different then anyone else. He is a character. He is a wonderful reader and gets 100% on every spelling test.
I am Thankful for teachers....they are wonderful and have such patience and love for my kids. I love their teachers, their school, and their friends.
Mason's Teacher: "Mason is doing good. He needs a little help in math (He also get that from me) He likes to daydream. He always knows what we are doing and does it right.....but likes to be in his own world. He is shy. Here is a book he made in class...(Mason shows it to Denny) It is a story about Iron Man (Which he drew very well I would have to say) He was very proud of himself. He is a good kid and is doing a good job."
So I asked Mason why he is not paying attention to the teacher.....he says he just knows what they are talking about and they talk all the time....gets so boring. So I think maybe he needs to be challenged more. We have some things we are going to work on.
Now, before I get to Colby....there was another reason I was worried. There is a girl. Colby really likes this girl. Now I thought the teacher was going to tell me I had another day daydreamer because the other day at dinner...Colby was talking about her and he said, "Mom, I just can not stop thinking about her. She is on my mind all the time!" (and then I go Oh....great!)
Colby's Teacher: "I love Colby. Everyone in this class loves Colby. He is actually Mr. Popular. He is a wonderful student. A wonderful helper. Always on task. It is actually hard to figure out where to sit him because EVERYONE wants to sit by Colby. Andy when they sit by Colby they want to TALK all the time to Colby. He is great....and you have done a wonderful job raising him." (this is where I try to fight back the tears) He is doing great with his grades (Only had one missing assignment and that was from the time he was hunting with his father) They were all A's and maybe just one B. Much better than last year!
I am so proud of my kids....all of them. Amy, to see where she is with everything she has gone through. I think school actually helps her get through that. She like to focus on something. She will make a great class president someday.
Colby, every teacher has always told me he has the biggest heart. And I have always known that. He is wonderful. Makes me proud every day.
Mason, he is so different then anyone else. He is a character. He is a wonderful reader and gets 100% on every spelling test.
I am Thankful for teachers....they are wonderful and have such patience and love for my kids. I love their teachers, their school, and their friends.




0 comments:
Post a Comment