Thursday, October 30, 2008

Crazy Hair Day!

Well, for some reason my kids' school does not allow the kids to dress up for Halloween. A) There is no school on Halloween due to the end of the term. B) I guess they are worried about costumes. So the week of Halloween always falls on Drug Free Week and today is "Crazy Hair Day". Mason has always wanted a Mohawk on that day. But never really had the hair for it. But over the last year he has worked on growing out that hair to cover his keyloid. So I thought what better day then today? We both discussed this month, that if it went well with the removal of cutting his keyloid, and we thought it looked good.....then we can cut his hair. He loved his hair but has recently been saying he just wants to go back to being normal. So, now that we think he has the cutest ear ever.....(considering).....and we want to show it off!

This is the Mason "Before Haircut"


Yes, I learned this ponytail technique by google-ling "How to cut a Mohawk"


Mason was so happy....he was ready to get rid of all that hair. He hated combing out the snarls. In a way, I was actually sad. And I was the one that was hesitant. His long hair became him. It was who he was and his character.

Colby wanted his hair cut down the middle like he was an old man for Crazy Hair Day.
These two are the cutest boys I know. I can not believe how different Mason looks. I have my old Mason back. When he looked in the mirror, he said "It is like my head is smaller!"

We had a really really long Mohawk at first...he did not like that. He did not want it really spikey...just a little Mohawk like Mr. T he told me. Did not realize he knew who that was. But, isn't that the cutest ear you have ever seen?

Mason, Amy, and Colby ready for Crazy hair day!

1 comments:

KT and Lance said...

Easton would be jealous! He loves Mowhawks! He looks very handsome with the new cut! Your kids are adorable!