Tonight we had our second family Sunday dinner with my dad and his wife, Sandy. It went really well. We laughed so hard that mine and Lindsay's cheeks were so sore. We had a really nice dinner and then played pictionary (boys against girls). Everyone drew so good! Usually when we play games boys against girls, it becomes so competitive. But this was different. Both teams actually tried to help each other out. We did not even keep score (but if we did I think the girls won) It was really nice to be able to go over there and do things that the whole family could get involved with. I see the changes and sacrifices my dad is making to make things better. When I see that, I think I need to try too. I think that we can really make a new beginning for us. I had such a great feeling being there with them. To be honest, I never really felt that before over there. When I would look at my dad, I could just tell he is doing so much better. He is getting the help that he needs. It was nice being a big family together. Denny and Colby made it home just in time to join us so it was nice seeing everyone together and laughing. I really missed them. I love my Dad and Sandy so much. I think we are finally fixing things the right way this time. Time is too short.
Here is my Dad and Sandy.....I think this is the first of many more memories to come. I did not have my camera...so I took these with my phone. I know they have been dying to be on my blog. LOL..
Here Lindsay is working on her picture. As you can see by Amy and Jaylins face....we had know idea what she was drawing. But with a hint from Jason as he sang the "Indiana Jones" tune, we guessed it! (We did movie titles)
Thanks again Dad and Sandy. We love you guys so much. We all had a wonderful time. Just a side note: They did another cat scan on my dad and the blood is draining back into the brain..which is good. But, he is still battling the headaches. That may take some time.



3 comments:
The girls ROCKED! I was a blast that's for sure. It is a great start for you guys towards a great relationship. I guess this means next Sunday my house. :)
I think that you have taken blogging to a new level! You are amazing! I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and had a lot of catching up to do! I can't believe that Ryanne is already 1! I swear she was just born! I'm glad that your dad is doing better, hope you guys can rebuilt that relationship! I'm proud of you for handling hunting season! I learned long ago, it's not worth getting mad about!
WOW that was a blast from the past. It took me a minute to figure out who was commenting, I had to scroll through pictures and I finally found one that I recongnized. How are you! It was fun to read through your blog and see all the fun stuff your family is up too. It lookes like you girls have way too much fun! If there is any such thing really. Well it was good to hear from you, tell your family hi!
Post a Comment