Monday, September 15, 2008

My Baby Girl has Turned 1!!!

Holy Cow! Where did this last year go? Ryanne is now a year old! What a day it was. We had so much fun. It was such a big day that actually ended at 1am the next morning. (We know how to party) Now I apologize beforehand for the amount of photos. I could not help myself and I do not know how many of you actually look through all my slide shows.....so therefore I will be posting most of them!

The day started by her waking us up around 6:30am. She totally knew it was her birthday. She usually comes to our bed and has her bottle and then sleeps for some time after that. Well, not today! She jumped on me and Denny and sat on our heads. She poked at our eyelids and kept saying "Eyes!"(Thanks Lindsay). We tried and tried to sleep in a little longer but that was just not happening. We then decided to get up and start our BIG day. Her birthday party was scheduled for around noon. My wonderful sister Lindsay offered to have Ryanne come over in the morning where she is use to taking her naps (She watches her for me while I work) and then we would not have to worry about her missing her nap and being an ornery little girl for her party. I tell you right there....that made a world of a difference. I love Lindsay and do not know what I would do without her. And Ryanne loves her too. So then I went over to get her ready for the party with Lindsay and her girls. We felt like we were getting her ready for her Prom/Wedding. Started with Kamrin helping me bathe her...

Thank you Kamrin! Then Lindsay taught me the trick of putting her in the sink to do her hair. (I am just not use to the girl thing yet) Lindsay is a Girl Genius

Thanks Ryanne, but I already have my deodorant on!

Now we are ready to go!

Me and the Birthday Girl..Wow! Doesn't she just look thrilled to be 1!

Here is Dad and the Birthday Girl

Mason and Ryanne

Colby with Ryanne

Amy with Ryanne (She was like a celebrity)

Here Ryanne is playing some jumpin basketball (one of her favorite things)


The Chefs! (Barbecue Style)

Some of my family

We thought why rent a train when we have Mason to offer rides on his four-wheeler?

Jaylin, Lindsay, Mom, Alyssa, and Kristi (Some of My favorite woman in the world) gathered around My Girl

Me and My Girl!

Mason showing her how to ride the bike

Now Kamrin is showing her how to ride the bike

Ryanne and her Grandma Linda (Denny's Mom)

Andrea and Tina (Denny's sister)

Let me just show you how talented these girls are. Ryanne was not walking by her first birthday, but she does have the best balance in the world....and so does Amy (check her out balancing the cup)

This was the first present she ever opened. She was wondering if she really gets to tear it apart.



This is what I am so excited about...playing dolls. I have waited and waited for this moment. I loved dolls so much and Ryanne has no choice, she will like them to. We are going to have tea parties and play house. I am so excited! (Ok, now was this doll for Ryanne or ME?)

We were not aware that this baby came with a cute nanny too! BONUS!!

Here is her Tinkerbell Cake, It was cute, do not get me started on that. Did not turn out how I had planned (Some place forgot to make it) But it turned out OK.

Lets make a wish! I think she is wishing for some cake...

What kind of mother would I be without granting that wish?

I think everyone had a good time

Then we bathed her and put her in her evening gown
(Ryanne with uncle Jason)

Now she is in her summer fun outfit (yes, she wore 3 different outfits that day)

Ryanne thinks Denny needs a pink headband too!

This is what it is like when Denny and Ryanne wrestle. They bonk heads.

Mason made sure to give the birthday girl a ride on his four-wheeler too

So after the party we were trying to decide what to do. We usually like to do something fun with the family for birthdays. We decided to take the kids on the Frontrunner, they have never been. That was such an adventure. When we finally decided that is what we are doing we had to catch a train in 15 minutes or the next one would be an hour later. We rushed so fast to get there. First we picked up my niece Jaylin and we headed for the tracks. As we are crossing the tracks we all looked down to see if the train was here yet and we did not realize that the crossing guards were coming down for the train crossing as we are under them!!!! I just about pee'd in my pants. Our truck is so high up that we do not have much clearance as that comes down. We all screamed as Denny dropped a tank of gas speeding through it. I think we just barely missed it! I kept saying this is not worth it...lets just take the next train! Denny said no, your mom is meeting us at the next stop! So he dropped me off to get our tickets with all the kids (as the train is coming to the station) The machine is not working very well. Denny parks the truck and runs to help me out, he prints the ticket as the rest of us board the train. Phew!!! What an adventure!

Party is now on the train....




We also met up with Kristi and her boyfriend Todd at the Farmington station!



Then we found the fountains. I challenged to kids to see who can stay dry...I think Denny won.

Denny would watch the fountains and studied the pattern, then challenge himself to run around the whole thing and stay dry. He would drag Amy around...the last time it squirt her right in the face, and somehow Denny stayed completely Dry.

Popps and Ryanne

They had so much fun in the water, it was a riot to watch

We decided to go and see Curtis at Office Depot, the kids were excited. He did not seem as excited to see ALL of us though. Oh well, while we were there these 3 checked out their chairs. By the time I got the camera out I missed all 3 of them sitting so cute. Alyssa thought because there was papers on the chairs saying "Take One" that meant take a chair! (Yes, she was sober)

Ryanne ended the night with her ice cream treat at Applebee's

The Front Runner

While waiting for the LAST train to leave, Todd showed everyone some magic tricks. Denny and Colby thought he was so cool and worked on those tricks the whole way home, and even showed anyone that was interested at church the next day...Thanks Todd!

Jaylin had to catch up on her voicemail...she is such a little miss!

And then Ryanne finally, finally crashed. Ryanne, I love you so much. You are so precious to me. Happy Happy Birthday Princess!

"Please, just let me sleep!"

3 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

What a special day! I am sorry we missed out on all the action!

Unknown said...

As I listen to My Little Girl on your Playlist it made me cry! I love all the pics on here. You didn't over do as all moms would say. I love your little princess!! She is my only blood niece and means the world to my family. Mekelle, you have such a beautiful family. I am the luckiest person in the world to have you as my sister!

Love ya,
Lindsay

Denise Christiansen said...

whew! man mekelle, you sure know how to fill up a day!!! I'm exhausted just reading all about it! lol how wonderful. It looks like you all a great time. So relieved you made it safe to the front runner etc. I love the name Ryanne. and she is a DOLL!! Where do you live? and your mom? how is she? tell her hello.