Monday, December 22, 2008

We have won a trip to Hawaii!


Hawaii......Here I come! I am soooooooooooooooo EXCITED! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am.
At Denny's work, they put your name in a drawing when you have worked there for 10 years. They do this at the annual Christmas Party. This is a drawing for a 1 week paid trip anywhere in the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. They pay for the airfare, hotel room, car rental, and $500 spending cash. Denny has worked for the company for 11 1/2 years. They draw two names every year. He had no luck last year. But this year we had a good feeling. That day we kept talking about where we would go if we won. And then when they called his name.....I think I jumped into the air a little! We thought about Disneyland of course (Denny has never been) but then we felt we would be cheating on the kids. They have not been there either. Then we both talked about how we really want to see Alaska. But we would not know where to go or what to do there. So, we then talked about Hawaii. We have always wanted to see Hawaii. When will we ever get a chance like this again? So, Hawaii it is. I have done my studying on the Islands. I think we will go to Oahu and Kauai. We are trying to think about when to go. We thought maybe for our 12th anniversary in June! But worried about the humidity. So, I need your help. If you have been to Hawaii, I would love you input on when is the best time to go.....Spring or Fall?

I need to get planning so I know how long I have to hit my goal weight and I am in desperate need of a TAN. (Denny is lucky in that department)

1 comments:

Godin Family said...

Lucky you!! I am so jealous. I went there 1 time when I worked for Delta. It is so much fun. We went at the end of September it was nice. Rained a little bit but nothing bad.