I just love the Christmas Season. I do wish it felt a little more like Christmas though.....We NEED more snow! This year I have done my best to make some fun memories with the kids. We have gone and seen the Christmas Lights and seen Santa. But we have also tried to remember the true meaning of Christmas. We have tried to also think and help those that may need some help. I have been impressed with my family. They have such a heart. This year they really seem to get what it is all about. We have enjoyed doing so much as a family. I have seen my husband go from the husband that would see an opportunity to sell our things and make money rather from KSL or Garage Sales.....to a giving/helping husband. I mean he has always been giving, loving and helpful. But this year, he has really opened his eyes, and his heart. He tries so hard to make sure the kids have a great Christmas every year. But this year he has seen so many different and better ways of doing it.
Last weekend we planned on going out to Willard Bay to see the Christmas Lights. Those are one of our favorites. Before the lights we stopped to have a dinner together at Fazolli's. We were enjoying the family dinner when we thought about those that may not have homes during this cold season or warm meals. So, we decided to gather some dinners and some warm breadsticks and drive around the area to see if we could find someone who needed our help. We did not see anybody, then Denny drove to the shelter. As we pulled up we saw the hallway was covered with people just sleeping on the hallway floor. Denny and Mason walked up to the door where the guard was. He opened the door with a smile and was so pleased that we would think of them. When they returned to the car....everyone felt so happy and good inside. We decided to maybe do that more often. As soon as we returned home, Denny went through his clothes and has started a pile of things to donate to them. And he would like to volunteer to help with serving meals. There is definitely a twinkle in his eyes. I am so proud of him. We know it was not much. But it opened our eyes to more that we can do to help.
Last weekend we planned on going out to Willard Bay to see the Christmas Lights. Those are one of our favorites. Before the lights we stopped to have a dinner together at Fazolli's. We were enjoying the family dinner when we thought about those that may not have homes during this cold season or warm meals. So, we decided to gather some dinners and some warm breadsticks and drive around the area to see if we could find someone who needed our help. We did not see anybody, then Denny drove to the shelter. As we pulled up we saw the hallway was covered with people just sleeping on the hallway floor. Denny and Mason walked up to the door where the guard was. He opened the door with a smile and was so pleased that we would think of them. When they returned to the car....everyone felt so happy and good inside. We decided to maybe do that more often. As soon as we returned home, Denny went through his clothes and has started a pile of things to donate to them. And he would like to volunteer to help with serving meals. There is definitely a twinkle in his eyes. I am so proud of him. We know it was not much. But it opened our eyes to more that we can do to help.
We hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday Season. We love each one of you. We feel truly blessed for all that we have. Merry Christmas! From our family.....to yours
The kids have really enjoyed the lights this year. We have tried to go and see as many as we can. Just wish it would snow! I would love to have a white Christmas! Then maybe it would feel a little more like Christmas. Now we have done some family favorite traditions, we are starting a new tradition this week. We are going to go to Temple Square. Me and Denny have in the past for date nights. But I have seen how well the family adapted to family nights. They countdown the days and fight over who is giving the lesson. So, I thought...lets make it an annual tradition with the family at Temple Square! The kids are really excited. I am glad to see that they are looking forward to that. We have made some great improvements this year with the family, and with that....we have become stronger than I imagined.



1 comments:
Im so proud of you guys. you are such and awesome family and I cant wait to have mine and be like you guys. I really do look up to you and your family!!! I love you guys all so much :)
Post a Comment