Monday, December 15, 2008

Temple Square

Friday night we went to Temple Square with my Dad and Sandy. I think Temple Square is one of the most beautiful places on this earth. I would say the same even without the Christmas lights. It is so beautiful. I love the feeling I get just walking around the grounds. This was the first time for my kids. We have all decided to make it a yearly tradition. We also went and saw the movie "Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration". I cried like a baby. It was the second time I saw the movie. Me and Denny saw it for date night last year. When I watch that movie....I get this overwhelming feeling that this Church is true. I still have a lot of questions and some things do note make sense to me but I do know that Joseph Smith restored the true church. I am not going to lie...I was surprised when I found out that my Dad and Sandy wanted to join us. I was nervous going there with them and what they would think. I always have this fear of being looked at differently from family when they know my beliefs. I was surprised with how much Sandy did know about the church. When we were looking at the photos in the visitor center, she knew who was in the photos. I was happy. They seemed to enjoy themselves. I really hope they did.

Isn't it just BEAUTIFUL?

As we were walking around the Temple...Mason asked "Are we ever going to be able to get into that castle?!?" Sandy laughed for days when he said that. I explained that I hope one day he will one day be married in that castle or any castle (temple) he chooses.

Mason, Amy, and Colby

Me and my family. Ryanne was home with Grandma Linda. We figured this trip was going to be to cold and did not think she would do too good during movie. But geez, did we miss her.

Denny, Mason, Amy, Colby, Sandy, and Dad (I just loved his beanie)

The kids really enjoyed the evening. Mason was glued to the movie. He had a lot of questions (which I liked). They now have a better understanding of Joseph Smith and the trials they were dealt. Made me think maybe my trials in life are not so bad.

1 comments:

KT and Lance said...

What an amazing family!!!! I love that he wants to be married in a castle! That's awesome your dad and Sandy wanted to go! Go you Mekelle!