Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas to all.....and to all a good night!

Christmas Eve at my house is big. We LOVE Christmas Eve. To me, I think it is better than Christmas. On Christmas, it is all over. But on Christmas Eve, you have all the anticipation for what Santa is bringing. There is just so much excitement in the air. Like I have mentioned in the past, I like to have everyone sleepover at my house on Christmas Eve. But we have not been able the past few years. Every family has their own traditions to carry on. So this year I was not going to make a big deal about it....and guess what? My Mom, Popps, Lindsay and her family all decided they wanted to spend the night! I was excited. We had fun with it. We called it the HILLton Inn. I had all the travel size needs for them in their rooms. The kids would greet them at the door and show them to the room. Amy would take their coats. You should have seen Colby. He was so cute. He rehearsed his lines most of the day. When the Greenwoods arrived (Lindsay and her family) he opened the door with his church jacket on over his pajamas, he showed them to their room, explained what time dinner will be done and to expect breakfast "after presents." He also told them their is an open bar with Sprite, Diet Coke, and Dr. Pepper. LOL.....we had a blast with it. Our modo was "There is always room at our Inn!"


My Mom and Popps made some really yummy Swedish Meatballs. We actually changed our traditional Christmas Eve meal. It was fantastic! And it was kinda nice for me to have the night off. I was in charge of the mashed potatoes, easy enough.

Yes, that is Ryanne eating a shoe lace. We do not feed her much. She thought she was so funny.

And this is Lindsay's girl Kamrin....what a cutie!

My sisters Lindsay and Alyssa. We were able to see Alyssa and her boys for a couple hours. And Alyssa was able to come back on Christmas day. The boys had to go back to their foster parents. She has also informed us that she is expecting!?! I know what you are thinking......but she has been away in Rehab....how can that be? I guess it just took the that little amount of time she was out on Thanksgiving when she visited her boyfriend. (Anywho....moving on)

Here is my wonderful Grandma. Isn't she so cute! I was surprised she actually let me take the picture...so I jumped on that opportunity.

Jason and Kamrin

Jaylin showing me the pretty cookie she decorated all by herself!

Kristi and her wonderful boyfriend Todd....They are so cute and happy!

Colby, Mason, Jaylin, and Amy

This was suppose to be the kids table....but ended up being the boys table (Well, I guess it is still the kids table. Haha)

My grandma was eating a popcorn ball and these two girls did not leave her side. They loved it!

Mason and Jaylin thought they were so funny hiding under the table

The kids with their jamies....it is a tradition that the kids get new jamies from Me and Denny on Christmas Eve. (From back to front--Colby, Amy, Ryanne, Sophie, Mason, Jaylin, and Kamrin)

Me and and Denny started the drawing of the names with the kids this year. It was funny...Me and Amy drew each others names, Denny and Ryanne drew each others names, and Colby and Mason had each others names and as you can see by the picture--they got each other the same thing!

Awwwww. Now I can show this picture to them when they have their arguments.....You really do care for each other!

Right before Christmas Denny decided to make me a present. He was in the garage for two days. He wanted me to open it on Christmas eve so all the family could see it. It is so cute. I was surprised! It is this really cute bear night light thingy. He made one for my mom and Popps too with ducks. And now they are all trying to set up a way to sell them....hahaha. That is how they roll!

Me and my princess in her cute night gown

Our Girls Rule photo! Me, Mom, and Lindsay. This was when all the kids were going to bed....and we had a little too much egg nog.

Lindsay and her hubby Jason

This is Popps and Denny with their dogs

Me and Denny

We let my Mom and Popps have my room and Lindsay's family slept in the boys room. That left the family room for me and my family....this was the kids all nestled in their beds.

Merry Christmas to all......and to all a good night!

1 comments:

Denise Christiansen said...

you really do know how to have good times! this was so fun catching up on your Christmas. we have the same tradition of pj's, sleeping over and breakfast, you did a very creative fun thing with the motto and hotel thing! love it! we also take a pic of the kids with the surprise look when they first come out and see their Christmas.