Monday, August 3, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We never made it to the Draper Temple Open House and that really bugged me. I wanted to take the kids so bad. Every time we go to Temple Square they want to see inside the "Castle". So when I heard about the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, I thought a great chance to take the kids...go through the Temple with them and talk about what is all done in the Temple. It was a great experience. The kids just thought it was soooo beautiful. So did I. It was amazing. The view up there is great and they have the cutest houses around it. I told Denny I want that neighborhood moved up North!


The Oquirrh Mountain Temple......SOOO BEAUTIFUL

Ryanne following some kids around while waiting to get into the Temple. I think she looks so cute. P.S. Denny did her hair that day all my himself!

Linda and Colby. Linda did not wear very comfortable shoes. Her feet were killing her.

Ryanne loved the "bath" that is what she calls all body of waters. She went around this thing over and over again

The boys hanging out with their sis

My cute adorable family. Amy was at girls camp. But she was able to go see the temple with the Young Women. She loved it and said the babtisimal font was her favorite room.


This is kind of blurry, but I really liked this photo of the temple at night. When we were there - there was the longest line to enter the temple. They said it was their busiest night. They had two lines going, and it went around the temple. Neat to see so many from so many places travel to see this temple. And some families walked through it with missionaries which I thought was really cool. While we were getting into line, I ran into my cousins Michelle and Mindy. Have not seem them forever! I was so happy to see them! They are so beautiful. We had a good visit. I was so thankful to walk through the temple and experience it with my kids and mother-in-law. The kids really enjoyed it and had lots of questions, which I liked. Linda really enjoyed it too, just wished she wore better shoes...lol. She finally just took them off and walked in her stockings. Me and Denny realized we need to go to the temple, it has been awhile. I love to see the Temples. To me they are the most beautiful buildings in the world. Each one with such character and beauty. I hope the kids will remember that day and the spirit we all felt.

2 comments:

KT and Lance said...

what an awesome family trip! That is such a cool experience! I'm so glad you got to go!

The pic's are so fun! You have a beautiful family!

Mekelle said...

Thanks Katey! We did have a good time. It is beautiful up there and in the temple. I miss you!