This is the year, the year I turn the BIG 30!! I have been scared to death for this milestone. Not really excited about it at all. I do not feel 30, in my mind I am in my early 20's!! Where has all the time gone? Well this summer I must say has been the busiest summer we have ever had. We have been sooooooo busy. And between all that Denny has been working really hard on our yard. So, as we got closer to my b-day and Denny noticed how busy we were -he decided to turn our block party (that was scheduled for our house the weekend before my b-day) into a Block Party/Mekelle's 30th Party!! Him and my mom were trying to plan a surprise birthday party but it was just not working out. BUT this block party ended up being one of the best parties EVER! I had so much fun.....getting to know my neighbors and recently we have made more friends in our ward (only took us 6 years). I do not think I have ever really had a birthday party since I was younger. I do remember when my firiends kidnapped me from my house when I was like 12 and blindfolded me to Artic Circle for some ice cream!!! I was bummed I did not get to meet with my girls (Katey, Candice, and Kate) but we will have to get together for some lunch and a MOVIE!! Woot Woot! Since the block party was going to be my only birthday celebration-I wanted my Mom and Sista Lindsay there. Well word spread fast....my brother heard about the BBQ and invited himself over and then my sista Alyssa was about to have baby soon and did not want to be alone (her boyfriend was at baseball game with her son) so she came to hang. My aunt called to see what is up and came over also. We also invited Denny's sista and Dad. So the party grew and grew! We had a pretty good turn out. Have wanted a block party for some time but Denny wanted to wait until the backyard was more finished.

My sista Alyssa--ready to pop- with my Mom

Colby looking pretty confused (P.S We hired photographer niece Amy for the party)

Kira and Sunny-so cute

My nephew Gage....super cute (Alyssa's)

Neice Kamrin--also a cutie patutie (Lindsay's)

D.J. with new girlfriend --think her name is Tiffanie

"New friends" Capri and Tom (yep they are still around!)

Our neighbors Joel and Maria--have got to be some of the best neighbors ever

Neighbor Katey with my niece Jaylin (Lindsay's)

Latoya and Kira....such beautiful young women

Some of "the guys" just chillin

Some of the "women" also chillin

Me and my little friend Taige holding one of the cutest babies EVER!

My friend Brenda enjoying the barbeque

My family in their own clique..lol. Popps, Kristi, Mom, Aly Sue, and Lindsay Lou (My biggest fans!)

My friend Rachel-one of the strongest woman I know

Hubby Denny with his sista Carolyn

Carolyn with her hubby Kim

My popps and a wonderful Barbeque-er. Thanks popps for all your help!

My sista and BFF Lindsay (PEACE)

Check out my cute cake! It was pretty yummy too!

Geez, those Hill's really know how to throw a party!! :)



Me cutting the cake. I end up cutting the cake at all parties. I guess you can call me a professional

This little girl, Ryanne, got into everyone's plates that were left behind....and loved the cake too!

Brenda, Cami, and Kent

This here was my hired niece photographer...I'd say she did an excellent job! When I was going through the photos and found this one of her, I just stood back at how beautiful and grown up she is. I love her so much. She gave me one of the sweetest birthday cards and told me "You only turn 30 once Aunt Mekelle--live it up!" I took her advice, had a great time. The kids gave me 17 Again for my birthday! So stoked!! I am totally crushing on Zach Effron and I have googled him, he is OF AGE!! And my "new friends" the Austin's gave me something really cute for my "green wall" Thank you everyone for all the birthday greetings! I feel so lucky to have the friends and family that I have. I think I have the best life ever. Love you all!
0 comments:
Post a Comment