Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Early Birthday Party Colby!!

It is kind of a long story, but the boy scouts were waiting for Colby to turn 11 for their summer camp-out. So they all decided on the day he turns 11 was the day they were going. (Aug.14th)Colby told me months in advance that he was going to be gone on his b-day. So we planned his friend sleepover party for the weekend before. He had a good turn out. This was his first big sleep over party. We are usually out of town camping for his birthday.

Colby and his gang...Sky, Nathaniel, Christian, Mason, Tanner, Colby, and Evan

This was their "in deep thought" photo

We had a wienie roast in the backyard. Before I knew it Mason had invited his neighbor friends too!

I realized after, was it a good idea for wienie roast with a bunch of pyro's?

His friend Sky made him a apple pie for his birthday all by himself. We were going to do dutch oven cobbler....but with his pie, we figured we would just gobble that up! It was one of the best apple pies I have ever had.

As the boys were settling down (so I thought) I took this photo. Then at 3am I heard them jumping on the trampoline.!They ended up staying up until 5am. I tell you, we have never had that many boys in our house before. I just have to say...boys stink! lol I still love you Colby....but you stink!
Anywho, I think Colby had one of the best birthday's. Can not believe he is 11 years old! He brings so much joy to our family. He is such a character! And I tell you.....he is already into the girls. We can not keep up with who he is "going out" with! He has the biggest heart. Everyone loves Colby. I am so proud to be his mother. He is an amazing son. Love ya Colby!

2 comments:

The Meldrums said...

What a great 30th birthday! You guys sure know how to have a good time and enjoy life to the fullest. Happy Birthday!

The Meldrums said...

I meant to say Happy Birthday to Colby too:)