Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Charlie Brown!

Denny's (I call him Charlie Brown) Birthday was on January 10th....let me rephrase that, Denny's Birthday was the week of Jan. 4th- Jan. 11th. Every year his birthday is a WEEK long celebration. It really is. I baked him a cake and we sang Happy Birthday to him with my Dad, Sandy, Lindsay and her girls, Alyssa, and D.J. at our Sunday Dinner.

That's right...there is 31 candles on that cake. He actually made me take most of them out. It would have been really hard lighting all those candles.

So we decided to have 3 candles and then 1

This is the face of a Birthday Boy that has EVERYTHING....trying to make a birthday wish. Lindsay kept teasing him on how long it took him to think of a wish. Amy was like..."Uncle Denny, it is like this--you just blow them out!"

Then on his actual birthday, Me and Denny like to make a tradition every year to have a date night. We usually go out to a movie and dinner of the bday person's choice. He decided he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse.....Surprise! Surprise! We go there for every birthday I swear. Can you tell it is our favorite? As a matter of a fact we get the same waitress every time. She made me get on the saddle for my bday, then my Aunt Kristi for her bday, now it is Denny's turn!

Getty Up! (sorry it is a picture from my phone)

Then he chose to go and see the movie "Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons" with Brad Pitt. Can I just say Happy Birthday to ME! Wow he was so hot in this movie....not as hot as my birthday boy...but still pretty hot! I recommend this movie. It was a great movie. We loved it. Here is a little of Brad Pitt for you....enjoy!

THEN on January 10th was it not only my hubby's birthday, but it was also my mom's hubby's birthday. It was popps birthday! It is funny, Denny Ray and Steven Ray have the same bday and middle name. So on Sunday we celebrated their birthday with family. Denny wanted Strawberry Shortcake. Yummy!

Happy Birthday Popps and Charlie Brown! I love you both so much! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

KT and Lance said...

Happy Birthday Denny!!! Has it really been a year since the surprise party? Crazy! Your getting old! (I can say that, because I'm not yet close to 30)

Denise Christiansen said...

you cute thing! so you think Brad Pitt is hot? funny I just had a conversation about saying that word. lol. one of our YW's leaders has a thing about that word. heck our Stake President said it from the pulpit! haha. just referring to how teens talk. anyway, I say it all the time and I do think Pitt is hot!
my my, you have a lot of birthdays in jan. kinda ironic, mine is today! so this blog was so fun. and I really love your music and background. I am loving listening now to my other fav...David!!! We went to a osmond concert for Christmas and he was a surprise guest! it was so cool!