Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good Ole Life Changes

I do not have any pictures to really post as of now but thought I would just do some journaling, catch my friends and family up on what we have been up too:

Muzzle Loader Deer Hunt
Denny and Colby went on the hunt last month....they came down half way through the week and picked up Mason. It was his first time going on the hunt. I did not want him missing allot of school because it was his testing week, so he went up from Thursday-Saturday which I think was long enough for him. He really is not a morning person. The hunt went really good. Denny got a 4 point, Popps got a 3 point, and my step-brother in-law got a two point (it was also his first hunt) they all had a great time. Denny took our camera....told him to get some photos of the kids for me. But I really do not think their was any photos that I want to post....many of just their "kills"
While they boys were gone, it was just Me, Amy, and Ryanne home this year. We had a good time. I love my girl time. And I think I did really good with them leaving this year--like I have said, I am growing up!

Finally got Mason some help
As you all know that are close to me and my family, Mason he is a little different, sensitive, and shy. He has been that way his whole life. I have been hoping for some time that he would grow out of it....but as time goes by he is just more miserable which makes us all more miserable. Colby called me up at work one day and said "Mom, I have been trying really hard with him and letting things slide but I am sick of it and if he does not go--then I go!" LOLI was like sorry Colby, who said anyone was going anywhere. He has concerned me for some time. And with knowing my Dad and some other family members are "bi-polar" I was starting to worry he was too. But he seemed to have more down days than up days. We started by taking him to counseling. I went and talked to the counselor beforehand about him and told him do not expect him to talk much. He keeps to himself and does not really talk to anyone about anything. Denny took him to his first appointment and when I got home my sister overheard him talking to his best friend and this is how the conversation went:
Mason: "Dude! I went to see a doctor today!"
Mason's BFF: "Dude! Did it hurt?"
Mason: " No Dude...this doctor was different, I just tell him my problems while we play games...and I Dude I get a treat after! AND guess what?? I get to do it again next week!!"
Mason's BFF: " Dude you are so lucky!"
Mason: "Dude, I know!"
LOL....so he was really liking counseling. He liked his counselor but as time went by, he was not improving much at home. He has some anger issues, MAJOR anxiety (which I also have). So me and Denny decided we should take him to a doctor. See what we can do.
We went to the doctor and he was highly recommended for situations like Mason. We were impressed with him. He took his time with us and Mason. After talking to him and my concerns of "bi-polar"....the doctor actually says he was seeing more of some depression and anxiety. When I first heard "depression" I put allot of guilt on me. I thought what was I doing wrong as his mother or what was I NOT doing. I felt like I let him down. (As many may have seen on facebook) I knew many in my family suffered from depression, but I never fully understood it. So we have started him on some medicine (which was the one thing I did not want to do and tried staying away from) Recently I started taking medicine to help with my anxiety and noticed such an improvement, so thought it might be helpful to Mason. He has been taking it for almost two weeks now. I know I am jumping the gun here....but he has been so "happy". When the doctor asked me what my goal was with him, I said I just want to see him "happy". And this last week he has been smiling, getting along with Colby better, the other day when I came home I was making dinner and he asked me "Mom, how was your day today?" May not seem like a big deal, but to me--it was. He has been showing so much improvement. I love Mason with all my heart and put allot of guilt on myself with his depression....but now I am actually feeling guilt for not getting him the help he needed earlier. I know it will take some time and the medicine game of adjusting it just right.....but I am loving the Happy Mason.

Get My BUTT out of Bed
I have wanted to go back to the gym for some time...really have not gone since we were preparing for Hawaii. But I have so little time. And what time I have I did not want to take away from my family time. Summer has been SO busy! And with the extra daylight we were doing extra yard work. I was just not happy with how I felt about myself and not finding time to go. Then I found a gym buddy (Jen) that is able to get MY BUTT out of bed at 5AM! I know crazy....but it has felt so good! That is the best time I have to do it so I can still have time to get ready, kids to school, and out to Salt Lake for work by 9AM. I am into it 2 days....really sore....but I LOVE IT!

Ryanne starts daycare
Since Ryanne was born, my goal has been to keep her out of daycare until she was 2 years old. I have been so lucky with the help of my mother-in-law and my sister, she has been well taken care of. As she has gotten older we were thinking daycare would be good with her socializing (she has been sheltered) and help with potty training. I did not want to do that to my mother-in-law. We started to look into Daycares. It is about the same price as what we have been paying Linda. We are taking her to the same daycare the boys went too. We really like them and they tend to all her need of feeding, the soon potty training, play time, and she can make some friends. This is her first week....and she is doing surprisingly well. Her favorite is "Dance time" She just loves to dance! She likes to look at books and play outside. This is good for her since at her 2 year old check up...we found out she is just growing way to fast height and weight wise. They actually weighed her again, thinking there was NO WAY she weighs as much as she does. She asked us what she was eating and that is when we told them that her grandma was feeding her like a Princess/Queen. So, they said it is not major overweight....but we do need to keep an eye on it. So with the Daycare, she is on a good food portion control...lol. And some exercise is good for her. At her Grandma's they took long naps and watched cartoons. I feel really good about our choice. Yes, I wish I was lucky enough to stay at home with her, BUT I am not. So hopefully this will go well.

You have now been updated on my crazy life. With summer gone our life is slowing down some. I guess it will until the Holidays....but I plan on getting my camera back out and catching what family time I can....Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

KT and Lance said...

Phew!!! You are one busy Chika! I love catching up on you and your family!! I'm glad Mason got some needed help! Your a good mom Kel, and your kids are lucky to have you!!!

I love Ryanne's haircut! So cute, and I'm glad your "growing Up" with the hunting! It's a fun time to have Girl time!