Thursday, February 26, 2009

Parent Teacher Conference

We had our Parent Teacher Conference this week. It went really well. Which, in a way is a report card for the Mom's and Dad's. This way we can find out if we have been doing what we need to be doing at home with the kids. I must admit, I was a little nervous about the boys. Amy, she is no sweat. Here is just a little update on how it went.

First of all, before I get to Colby, I had a little funny story. Colby has been talking all week about something they are doing in school with his class and he really wanted Denny to come join. I asked what it was....he told me their class is having an "Inauguration". So I thought to myself--I knew that his class was really getting into the politics this year, but an Inauguration? So, Colby told me that we would be talking about it more at Parent Teacher Conference. SO as we went to see his teacher she informed me that the "Boys" are getting together next week for their little "Maturation" talk. LOL Colby really misunderstood that one!

Colby's Teacher Said: 5th grade. She really loves Colby and he is such a big helper. The other kids mom's actually want to know what Colby is having for lunch becomes many of the kids are asking to have a home lunch like Colby..(that is another story in its self) Colby is doing great in school. He has good grades and he is Mr. Popular. He has a big heart. And they did an art project using their feet....Colby's is the biggest!! He is actually on a 6th grade level on all subjects in class.
Mason's Teacher Said: 2nd grade. He is also doing good. His reading has improved allot. He actually showed me how they are learning power point (IN SECOND GRADE) He put together a power point about him. It was really cute, we were going through it when a picture of the Jazz Dancers pops up as some of his interests! The teacher started laughing and said that she allowed only one photo, he wanted more! But him and a group of boys have been talking allot about the Jazz team and the dancers (Oy Vay). She said that the group of friends he is hanging with now are known to not follow the rules so Mason did get in trouble the other day. But he is doing better (when I talked to him about this he said "But MOM! I did not have my CTR ring on that day. So I didn't remember to make the right choice")
Amy's Teacher Said: 6th grade. He says Amy is ready for Jr. High. But am I? I do not think I am ready for Amy to go to Jr. High. He really enjoys having her in his class and says she is really smart. And he said "Amy, when you become President of the United States--and she will--I would like to collect my 10%!" LOL. He was really nice and just could not stop saying how proud he is of her. He kept calling me her mom, and saying "Mom, you should be proud" I AM very proud of her.

Amy had a Greek Day the other day at school and without even asking for help (except she said she needed a tiara from the store) she came out ready for school in this dress she made out of a sheet laying around the house. It was so cute. I was like -Girl, we need to take your picture!

I feel like I have some of the best kids in the whole world. I love each of them so much. I am super proud of them. Good Job kids!

0 comments: