Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beetles Rockin, Red-Neck Thanksgiving with my family

For my family Thanksgiving...we also ate in the garage. I did not get any photos :( It all went by so fast. Before I knew it, dinner was over. But it was really really good. Denny did an awesome job on the turkey, gravy, and pumpkin pies! My Mom/Steve made a yummy turkey as well, jello salad, apple pie, stuffing, and a smelly smoked goose (gross) My aunt Kristi made some yams, and yummy banana pies! My grandma made my favorite cranberry (soup) salad. It was a little runny this year....but taste as good as ever!

For some entertainment.....we played some "Beetles Rock Band." Ryanne was rockin it on the drums!

Me and my princess....did I mention it was a Pajama Red Neck Thanksgiving!

Colby holding Alyssa's little girl Carley

Me and my Sis...Mason, Denny, Kristi, and my Mom

Lindsay rockin on guitar, I was singing, Denny on drums, and Kristi on guitar. We were doing "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds!"

Alyssa with the kiddies....Tyler, Sophie, Gage, Ryanne and Mason

Princess Ryanne

Me, my Mom, Sista Lindsay with her little girl Kamrin

Gotta love this picture....Denny, Lindsay, Kristi, Popps, and Mom

This is what Ryanne and Kamrin thought about the Black Friday Ads....they made a mess of it.

I am truly thankful for my family....we have the best family EVER. Always there for each other! It was a good holiday weekend. We had some fun times. Even though Denny was laid off the day before Thanksgiving. He has worked for Craythorne Construction for 13 years. It was a really slow year. I am scared of course. But Denny see's it as a "vacation". He does have the biggest "Honey Do" List to keep him busy. But we have had so much friend/family support. It has been wonderful. He is not sure if he will go back when needed.....construction business kind of scary right now. So he is trying to decide what he wants to do. Thanks for all of you guys and your support through person or on facebook. It really helped us and we realized we have the best friends/family we could ask for, we are not alone.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! Sorry about Denny losing his job, that is scary. My husband just found a job after being out of work for 3 months. I am sure Denny will find something great, we'll be praying for you!

Mekelle said...

Thanks Ashley! I just keep saying, things happen for a reason! I just wish I knew what our next journey was.