Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hawaii Temple/Polynesian Culture Center

We went to the Polynesian Culture Center. It was awesome! We loved it there. If we would have had more time we would have gone back another day. We were there all day, and yet did not see everything. But it was one of our favorite things we did. And I loved, LOVED the purple rolls! We also went to the Temple grounds. They are renovating, but still was a beautiful place.

Denny took this picture of me at our hotel

The Hawaii Temple.....Beautiful







Our favorite treat in Hawaii was the shaved ice. I kid you not, it was the best shaved ice I have ever had....and look how huge it (and Denny's eyes) was

This was the canoe pageant at the Polynesian Center...was lots of fun to watch



This was a guy from Samoa...those of you that have been there before, I am sure you know who he is. He was sooooooo funny. Had me laughing tears. He was hilarious! (And Solid)

These men and boys would climb the coconut trees.....amazing



Me and Denny with our guide Alex...He is going to BYU and is from Guatemala. He was great!

Me and Denny in front of the famous tree. This tree was used in an Elvis movie. It was really neat. It started to to grow on one side and, arched over to the other side of the river, then curves back like a snake to the middle

These were Hula dancers are out Luau. It was really fun. The dinner was great. I just loved watching the Hula dancers...wish I could dance like that.


So, I had way to many photos to post of this day....so I am going to put them in slide show for those that would like to view them. Next post will probably be Pearl Harbor, will try to get them posted over the weekend!



Most of these photos are of the North Shore of Oahu...very very beautiful

1 comments:

The Meldrums said...

wow! It looks like soooo much fun. I'm so excited you got to go on such a fun trip with your husband. I had fun looking at all of your beautiful pictures.